Monday, October 20, 2008

South Carolina

We left Wednesday night, about 7, and drove all night. Arrived about 1 am at my friend Jessie's apartment. Thursday Josh and I drove out to the track just to check it out, then headed to Columbia to hang out in the city and whatnot. They have a really cool downtown area, alot of live music and random boxing rings in the streets. SWEET. Friday, practice was terrible, it was super windy and started raining about 2 hours after we started riding. After all the rain Friday night it got super cold so Saturday morning practice and Sunday morning racing was quite frigid. Tho, AJ Bontorno may disagree because apparently it snows 6 feet in July up in Boston. haha. Anyway, I was happy enough my motos on Saturday, 5-3-1, enough to make it out, so I can't complain. In the main I just squidded out and ended up with 6th. Sunday morning I rode fairly consistently with a 3-4-3 and was determined to better Saturdays finish. Well, when the gate dropped in the main, I completely got dropped till the first turn and spent the rest of the race playing catch up, I was able to get around a couple people and still ended up with 6th. Not too psyched but can't complain about making mains. Definitely need some work on my first straights before Morristown after Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.