Monday, December 15, 2008

Friends...

This morning, I woke up, having no idea where I was. All I could see was Jayson's feet beside my head and a faint light coming from 2 rooms over. I was at the Blakeslee house in Bethlehem Ga. It took me 3 or 4 minutes to figure that out, I guess because I was so tired. I've known Jade for a couple years I suppose, but last night was the first time I had ever met his parents, and Jade wasn't even in the same state. As I woke up and checked my emails and gathered my things this morning I began thinking about this situation, how a family whom had never met me before welcomed me into their home simply because I'm a friend of their sons. It got me to thinking about my family, and how many dozens of teenage/twenty something guys have stayed in my house for days, some even months at a time and my parents always welcomed them in with dinner and a couple big dogs to say hello.
I began to think about how I've lived a large majority of my life out of a backpack or a duffel bag in hotel rooms or random peoples houses hundreds of miles from home. Where is home? It's where you have people that care about you, for me, it's from Pinson Alabama to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and everywhere in between. Late night Waffle House meals, and early morning continental breakfasts have been my favorite way to eat all my life.
I have two really awesome parents, plus a dozen other families across the country. My friends are my family. There's alot to be said about these people and the love they have for not only their own children, but me, and the rest of our wild crew.

Right now, I'm lying in bed watching bmx videos on the computer. This is life for me. Whether its here, or hundreds of miles away lying on a hotel bed with a couple of my best friends talking about BMX and how we're going to wreck eachother the next day.

Life sure can be stressful sometimes, but I wouldn't want things to be much different. I have too many people that care about me to change this.

2 comments:

joshhhsays said...

jesse heath. you're the fucking man.

Jayson said...

hell yeah jesse, you just summed up the way ive loved t live for a long time now. thanks alot buddy.